Friday, February 25, 2011

Vivien Skye born February 4


Our family has been very happy to welcome Vivien Skye to our family. She was born on February 4 at 5:51 p.m. This was exactly a week after her due date. I don't know how long she would have taken to come on her own. I wonder if it EVER would have happened, although I am assured that no one has ever given birth to a 2 year old.

When I went to the Doctor on Friday morning I was 4 cm. dilated and had been having on again off again contractions for weeks. The Doctor gave me the option of heading right over to the hospital and having the baby, and I'm afraid we took him up on it.

They broke my water which got me a little further then they gave me a very small amount of Pitocin which got that baby right out. I went from 6 cm dilated to 10 cm dilated in about 20 minutes. I can't express how painful that was, but I'm really glad that I didn't have the epidural because I didn't have any of the negative side effects that I've had in the past (spinal headache or scary drastic drop in blood pressure). I also thought that the pushing was MUCH better when I could feel what I was doing.

Baby Vivien is doing great. She is beautiful and a really good baby. Here are some pictures of us loving on her.

p.s. The sign was Juliet's gorgeous work.



















1 comment:

joyous said...

She's beautiful. Congratulations you guys!