Sunday, September 9, 2012

Cole's Baptism

This is a little outdated, but since I am in the mood to blog, I thought I would go ahead and post some pictures of my son Cole's baptism.  It was a hard decision for us whether to have Cole baptized or not.  He does not understand the full significance of being baptized, but he wanted to do it.  I think he understand and feels the spirit behind it.

He was very excited about the opportunity to be baptized.  It was wonderful to see that excitement and to be a part of it.  He grinned the whole day, and was propelled by excited energy.  We had the baptism with another little boy, and so it took some of the planning out of our hands.  This was nice so that we could focus on just Cole, and making it a special day for him.

His Grandma Kathryn gave a wonderful talk....with cool pictures, including a happy and sad face picture, which definitely got Cole's attention as he is obsessed with the different emotions.  I think Juliet was a little jealous that she wasn't being baptized.  She already has big plans for her baptism day.  We did not have a party after Cole's baptism, because, he's not crazy about parties.  We did go out to eat with Grandpa Jim and Grandma Kathryn as well as Grandpa Al and Grandma Becky at one of Cole's favorite eateries, Ye Olde Bob Evans.  I think he did diverge from his usual choice of Turkey Lurkey and had chocolate chip pancakes instead.

The only thing that I regret about Cole's baptism is that I did not invite more people.  I didn't think that some of my out of town relatives may have wanted to come, and I should have extended the invitation.  I had just been so torn about the decision that at the end I was just ready to get it done!

At the end of the day, Cole said, "Thank you for getting Cole baptized."  Heart melting.  Yep May 12, 2012 was a pretty awesome day.






1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beautiful post, Jessica.