Saturday, January 5, 2008

Our lucky 7 anniversary

December 30 marked a big seventh marriage anniversary for Charles and me. Having our anniversary so close to Christmas and New Years has always been a challenge for us. We've done so much celebrating and running around already that we usually do a quick meal out and call it a day. This year was a greater challenge because it was also on a Sunday. We decided to have a low-key romantic evening at home. After we put the kids to bed we turned on some romantic music and cooked a special dinner together. We set the table with candles and listened to the CD that we mixed for our wedding reception while we enjoyed a special meal with a lot of the delicacies we don't usually have like thick steaks , bacon-wrapped scallops, and chocolate mousse pie. It was actually one of the most relaxed and special anniversaries that we've had. The dinner went perfectly, and was only marred when after blowing out the candles I picked one up to smell it and managed to dump hot wax down my front. Yes, I do know how to make an evening special. You can see my reaction to the candle wax in the last picture on this post.




2 comments:

Kathryn the Great said...

That does sound like a great anniversary! Although the candle wax sounded a little painful.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jess, I know that you have just fallen over in shock that I am commenting on your blog. The truth is I just learned how to do it!!! I had to sign up with a whole new account and everything. I haven't gotten into the cool blog thing yet---but I will. Love you!!!