Saturday, March 22, 2008

Sassy Juliet

Most of the time Juliet is a very sweet girl. She is very helpful to others and affectionate. Occasionally, she has her sassy moments. They are so hilarious that I thought I should jot some stories down so I won't forget them.

A couple of weeks ago Juliet brought me some random piece of a toy, which I honestly didn't recognize. "What is it Mommy?" she asked. "I don't know Juliet." "What is it?" she patiently tried again. "I really don't know honey." "What's this?""I'm sorry honey, I don't know." At this point Juliet got a very frustrated look on her face and said in a very exasperated voice, "COME ON MOMMY...what the toy named!?!"

The other day I was trying to get Juliet to come do something that she didn't want to do right then. After a bit of a struggle, she turned to me and said, "Mommy, you making me CRAZY!" I started cracking up. Hmmm....I wonder where she heard that one.

I was in a waiting room with Juliet and Cole about a month ago. Several other children were in the waiting room and were playing with a few toys they had in a corner. Juliet saw something that she wanted to play with, but a little child about her age was already using it. So she walked up to the child currently occupying the toy, gently laid her hand on his arm, looked into his eyes and said, "You need to go back to your Mommy."

Okay, one more tidbit that I just remembered. Here is a discipline tactic of mine gone wrong. Juliet has started coming up to me, taking both my cheeks in her hands and saying, "Look me in the eyes. You don't like to do that anymore." Okay, my little Mommy, I'll look you in the eyes anytime.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Those are hilarious. I particularly liked the one where Juliet told the little boy to go back to his mommy. That girl has got some smarts.

Faith W said...

Oh, those are so precious! So good that you can record them for posterity and share the smiles at the same time!