Sunday, June 8, 2008

Awesome cooking internet site!

Okay, this is an AWESOME internet site. You enter in all of the ingredients that you have in your pantry, freezer, fridge, spice cabinet, etc... and it tells you all of the recipes that you can make.
The site is supercook.com and I am totally in love with it. It has a huge database of recipes that it has pretty much slurped from various online recipe sites. Another cool thing is that it automatically factors in some possible substitutions, so if you enter in ground turkey it will also give you ground beef recipes, etc... I just started entering in the things I could think of and I had something like 2000 possible recipes, and that was mostly just the staples that I have around the house. What a great resource for meal planning and saving money. If you register for an account (free) it will save your list of ingredients and you can quickly add and take away items as needed. Just thought I'd pass it on.

4 comments:

Kathryn the Great said...

I'm psyched to try this out! As you well know, I'm all about the food.

Kensie said...

Wow! So cool! Thanks for the tip!!

The Katzbox said...

Hey Jess, this is an incredibly cool site...especially with gas prices the way they are. I will definitely use this. Thx again honey.

Anonymous said...

great tool Jess. Thanks for the tip. I hate trying to think of things to fix. My mom is really good at coming up with things. I can look at a whole fridge full of food and think of nothing to make. This will be so helpful!