Saturday, December 20, 2008

Go to Candy Mountain, Charley....


Recently, our ward (church congregation) had a big "Candyland Christmas" party. Different rooms in the church were set up to represent different places in the children's game Candyland. It was very cute and well done, and I didn't actually get any pictures of the actual party because I forgot to bring the camera that I had carefully laid out. Charles was in charge of painting and decorated the Candyland Castle, which some other men in the ward had cut out. He did a great job, as you can see in the pictures.

I think kids are often reluctant to go to bed at night, because they are sure that their parents are doing exciting and fun things without them. I wonder if in their wildest dreams our kids imagined that after they went to bed their parents were decorating a big castle with gum drops and gum balls. Charles and I laughed together as we spent an evening hot gluing many pieces of candy onto this castle. I understand some of the candy was pried off and eaten by a few of the many children at the party. I'm hoping that hot glue is not toxic.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome castle!!! Way to go. Juliett is sooooo cute...love the pics of her bday. Tell her 'her friend' Parker says Happy Birthday too. :)

Emmy said...

Cute, Jess! Love it! Wow. . .I could never come up with that. Totally impressed! Love you!