Sunday, September 13, 2009

Good times in the garden of Valentino



I wanted to share a few more things that we've been up to for the last couple of months. We've had fun outdoors with a remarkably cool and comfortable Summer. With the kids at home we had a chance to do some fun projects like making this colored rice. It was a really fun tactile activity and Juliet thought it was fun to add some shells and pretend was sand.




We have been so lucky to have my brother, his wife Kensie, and their three beautiful kids living so close to our family. We've had a lot of fun with these guys, and gone on a lot adventures together.





Sometimes when their wasn't much to do, new methods of fun had to be invented. Juliet came up with this innovative "mud paint" project. As you can see, she really had a blast with this one. In fact, as we were getting ready to go to Grandma's today she said, "If you mix dirt and water together it makes mud paint." and I said, "Um...Juliet, I think we are getting ready to go, let's mud paint some other time."




Some moments we've been less than happy (isn't that the cutest sad face you've ever seen?)


But happiness always shines through!

3 comments:

Emmy said...

cute! the cool summer here was so wonderful, too. .priceless!
Did Kensie ever find out if her kids have a certain disease for their allergies? I can't remember what it's called, but it seemed serious.

alval said...

I still love looking at your blog.

Love & blessings,
Al

Heather K said...

Jessica,
I just found your blog again from Heather Abbotts. It looks like you have had a lot going on lately. I will keep you and y our family in my prayers. You are an amazing wife and mother and even when times seem tough, you always seem to pull through with a smile on your face. I admire you for that! It's fun to see how big your kids are getting! Tell y ourcute mom hello from me!
Heather
(Oh, and my family website is web.mac.com/karren.2)