Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Lisa's Baby Shower

Well, I've been meaning to put this on the blog since Lisa's shower on February 2. I figure I should get on the ball before she actually has her baby, which she might be doing at this moment. Lisa is someone so special to me. We have been friends since the Weidner family moved here the summer before 9th grade. We've been through a lot together. Puberty and first loves and life and marriage. She is a dear, dear friend. This was the shower for her first child, one she and her husband Keith have been awaiting for five years. After the miracle of a successful first IVF, they are nearing the finish line, and are expecting a boy they will name Parker K. Maughan sometime this month (due date February 25, but expected sooner).

It was a special shower. I think that the spirit of the miracle and hope and pain that had gone into this baby was present. It was held at the home of Lisa's sister,Tricia Gale, and 35 people attended. Her house was bursting at the seams, and there were a ridiculous amount of gifts. We had a great time. Eldon Gale really came up with a great menu and you can see in the collage how beautifully he and Tricia set everything up for the shower. I was so happy I got to be a part of this really special and miraculous day.




(Please click on this collage to see pictures bigger)

1 comment:

Dehner Family said...

Hi Jessica-
I noticed your blog on my sister-in-law's (Beth Seymour) and thought - hummm - I think she threw Lisa's baby shower... Sure enough it was you. I just wanted to say the shower was so fun - you did such a cute job with the questions you asked Keith and Lisa - and I loved my chocolate bar!
Anyway - we need to work on getting Lisa going on a blog... I mentioned it to her, but I need others to help push her along :)
Amber