Sunday, September 7, 2008

Julietisms


Sometimes it is so cute to hear kids mispronounce words that it makes me sad when they finally get them right. Juliet has a couple of cute ones right now.

One thing she can't quite get right is the "x" sound. So, she says things like, I'm so "epxited," or "epcuse me, can you pass the peas." So, yeah, I hope she gets it right by the time she's say, seven or so, but right now it is just so dang cute.

Another thing she says is a phrase when she doesn't want something to be forgotten. Instead of saying, "Mommy don't forget me" she says, "You don't forgot me, you don't forgot me." Or she'll say, "You don't forgot to turn the lights off." Anyway, the way she says it is so adorable.

Right now Juliet's favorite thing is to have us cut out things from paper and then playing with them. A favorite thing is the cut out a baby, then a teddy bear for the baby, then a blanket for the baby, then a pillow...you get the idea. She does not allow the adult who is doing the cutting to trace the drawing out before hand, so we've had some really deformed looking paper babies floating around the house, but she doesn't mind. She coos over them, cuddles them, and tucks them into bed. We have a lot of toys floating around here but right now she would be pretty happy with the paper and scissors and few crayons.

3 comments:

Kensie said...

Such a sweetie! I also love the mispronunciation, it's adorable!

Heather A said...

I know how you feel about the mispronounced words and characteristic phrases. I have mourned the death of many of those in Kim's growing up years.

Miss you guys!

Emmy said...

awww! Cutie!! I have saved that phone message she sent me when playing with your phone. .. I hope to be out there soon and play it for you. .it's so cute. My kids love to listen to it. LOVE YOU!! MISS YOU LIKE MAD!