Friday, March 6, 2009

Come on....REALLY!?!!



Cole had the worst week last week! At the beginning of the week we took him to the dentist and found out that he had a tooth abscess and he had to have a tooth extracted. Later in the week he had a fever and infection, both where the tooth was taken out and an ear infection. He had to stay home last Thursday and Friday. Friday I decided to take the kids to the library for awhile and let them play in the play area. I thought it would be a nice low-key activity and allow us to get out of the house. While we are in the kid's area of the library Cole was walking around and the one other child who was in there was messing around with a rocking chair. Cole managed to get hit in the eye as he was walking behind the chair. He has this lovely shiner to show for it. When it happened and Cole was lying on the floor in a crying heap with a rapidly swelling eye I just had to laugh....because can any thing else possibly happen!

On another note...Cole is actually doing great. He is interacting great with me, saying longer sentences, and generally in a great mood. Another wonderful thing is that he is eating so well now! I used to have to cut up all of his food into little pieces (I'm talking sandwiches, chicken nuggets, and toast, things you would just normally pick up and eat) and feed him half the time or watch him eat next to nothing in a day. Now he is eating independently and will eat a sandwich without it being cut into pieces. It makes things so much easier! I'm so grateful for this beautiful little soul who lights up my life and my heart.

1 comment:

Emmy said...

What a touching entry, Jess! I just love what these little souls do with us. . .they make us better.
Man, he had a rough week! Hope he heals quickly!