Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Traditions

You can copy and paste it on your blog/email. Just copy and fill it in. Have fun!

1. WRAPPING PAPER OR GIFT BAG?
I usually try to do a mix, and I am definitely never going to be named as gift wrapper extraordinaire. I do like wrapping gifts though. I do usually reuse any gift bags that I have gotten from the year past and I have a couple of decorative gift boxes (reusuable) as well. I like to think I’m being green. I bought and used three rolls of wrapping paper this year, and while they did not follow a theme, they were color coordinated.


2. REAL OR FAKE TREE:
Real trees are lovely and it is fun to choose one and set it up, but they are also expensive, messy, and time consuming. So, I must admit, I love having a fake tree. We’ve had ours for 4 years now, and it did decide to not be prelit anymore this year. If we get into a house rather than a townhouse, I would like to get a bigger one (prelit please).

3. WHEN DO YOU PUT UP THE TREE:
Whenever we have an evening with Charles and the kids available (after Thanksgiving). Charles works 4 ten hour shifts a week and is usually not home till after eight, so we have to wait for a good night. I like to pull out the Christmas stuff, put some music on, and decorate the house together.

4. WHEN DO YOU TAKE THE TREE DOWN:
When we get around to it, hopefully not too far into January.


5. DO YOU LIKE EGGNOG:
It’s yummy, but in small quantities only. If I go the season with out having some, I don’t miss it.

6. FAVORITE GIFT RECEIVED AS A CHILD:
I was always happy with what I received for Christmas, though I don’t remember too many specific gifts. I only remember one year when I had hoped to get a Barbie type doll and didn’t get one. My Grandpa Dawson asked if I had gotten everything I wanted and I said, “The only thing I didn’t get was a Barbie doll.” He told me to wait and then rummaged around in the other room for a minute and came back with a Barbie type doll. He had bought it a couple of months before when he had seen it on sale and then forgotten about it. It was a happy coincidence that is what I asked for.

7. DO YOU HAVE A NATIVITY SCENE:
Yes, I have a nice one that my little sister Jocelyn bought for us for our first Christmas after we were married.

8. HARDEST PERSON TO BUY FOR:
I have a really hard time picking out gifts for anyone other than immediate family members.

9. WORST CHRISTMAS GIFT YOU EVER GOT:
I am usually grateful that someone thought of me. Some things I have liked more than others, but I always appreciate the thought.

10. EASIEST PERSON TO BUY FOR: My kids, because they love anything right now. And my Mom, because she is always so grateful, and there are always a few standards I know she’ll like.

11. MAIL OR EMAIL CHRISTMAS CARDS:
I haven’t done too well with Christmas cards, but I always appreciate getting them, especially when they include a family picture.

12.FAVORITE CHRISTMAS MOVIE:
It’s a Wonderful Life

13. WHEN DO YOU START SHOPPING FOR CHRISTMAS:
Usually in December, and usually too late to be stress free.

14. HAVE YOU EVER RECYCLED A CHRISTMAS PRESENT:
This is kinda embarrassing, but yes. If I have something in good shape that we haven’t used, I might give it. I hate to have things go to waste.

15. FAVORITE THING TO EAT AT CHRISTMAS:
Oh, everything. I really do love Christmas candy and Peanut butter kiss cookies. Christmas dinner is great too, and I love a good Christmas brunch too.

16. COLORED OR CLEAR LIGHTS ON THE TREE:
I lean slightly toward white lights.

17. TRAVEL AT CHRISTMAS OR STAY HOME:
We have a nice set up right now. We have a lot of family that lives nearby. So this year we are going have open gifts in the morning with our kids, head over 11ish to Grandpa Valentino’s house for a brunch and gift exchange. Then go over to my Mom’s house for Christmas dinner and gifts. The next day there is a family gathering with Charles’s mom’s side of the family. So, we have our bases covered. I don’t mind traveling on Christmas sometimes.


CAN YOU NAME ALL OF SANTA'S REINDEER:
Yep.

19.ANGEL ON THE TREE TOP, OR A STAR:
Right now we have a star, but it looks it little bit like a fancy snowflake.


20. OPEN THE PRESENTS CHRISTMAS EVE OR MORNING:
Christmas morning!

21. MOST ANNOYING THING ABOUT THIS TIME OF YEAR:
Getting stressed out about getting gifts and worrying about money.

22. WHAT DO YOU ENJOY MOST ABOUT CHRISTMAS:
I love the spirit of the season. I love Christmas music. I love heart rending stories. I love anticipating giving a gift I know someone will love.

23. HOT CHOCOLATE OR CIDER:
Hot Chocolate with lots a marshmallows up top.

24. WHAT DO YOU WANT FOR CHRISTMAS: Lot’s of quiet peaceful moments.

25.FAVORITE CHRISTMAS SONG: Oh Come, Oh Come, Emmanuel.

1 comment:

Kathryn the Great said...

I hadn't remembered that story about Dad giving you the Barbie doll. How special!