Sunday, October 28, 2007

I Scared a little bit....

Juliet has decided to be scared of things now. Not scary Halloween things like skeletons and such, which don't really seem to phase her, but every day terrors like the vacuum cleaner and small neighborhood dogs.

The other day Juliet was fooling around with the vacuum cleaner, which was still plugged in to the wall. She accidentally turned the vacuum on and the look and shriek of absolute terror that came out of that child would put any B-movie actress to shame. After the vacuum cleaner was turned off she still kept crying and saying "I scared of the vacuum," and "I scared myyyselllfff..."

Juliet is very fascinated by animals, but if they make a move toward her she gets quite frightened. Before she could say that she was scared, I remember being at a picnic where some dogs were running around. She kept pointing at one and excitedly saying, doggie, doggie! Then the dog started to come toward her and she threw herself frantically into my arms shouting, "Uh oh, doggie, uh, oh, doggie." That was several months ago. Today the neighbors at my Mom's house had their very small, very friendly, very non-threatening dog out and it came toward Juliet who bolted around the other side of the car crying and saying, "I scared of the doggie, I scared of the doggie." After I had picked her up, she deigned to pet the dog and then very cheerfully waved good bye to it as we walked into the house, "Bye, bye, doggie!"

No comments: