Sunday, April 27, 2008

Cole stuff...

Well, awhile ago I started a blog for Cole thinking that I would post on it often about the things we were doing with Cole and how he was doing, but I didn't post on it nearly as frequently as I had thought, so I wanted to put a post about Cole here. He has been doing very well lately. He seems very aware of what is going on around him, MUCH more than he has been in the past. His language is really improving, he is saying longer sentences and even better than his expressive language, his receptive language has been really awesome.

Here is an example, the other day I had just gotten to school and was getting ready to take Cole into school. As I was unbuckling Cole from his car seat I was talking to Juliet about how she had taken her shoes off on the way to school. How will you be able to come in if you took your shoes off. Once I had unbuckled Cole, he got out of his seat, got Juliet's shoes and put them on her. This is huge! He was listening to a conversation not even directed at him and was understanding what we were talking about. Plus, he helped Juliet, which I think is sweet. Also, that same day as we were walking in, Juliet was wandering off in the wrong direction. As I was calling to her, Cole left my side and went to Juliet. Taking her hand he pulled her back to me. Anyway, lots of good stuff like this happening and I'm finding it just thrilling!

1 comment:

Heather A said...

That is great Jessica! It must be so rewarding to see things like that happen with Cole.