Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The mother of all organizing jobs....

Well, I haven't posted for a little while because I decided that I was going to throw in an all out effort to organizing all the corners and crannies in my home. I had been slowly organizing things and it seemed like a job that was huge and would never get done, so last week I just went crazy and spent long nights and every moment I could find "getting it done." Let me tell you, it is the best feeling ever. You may not appreciate these pictures because I didn't take before pictures. But trust me, it was pretty scary. Charles says it is like living in a new place. I have to agree that it feels much better here.


The kids have this big shelf in their closet which is great for storing things on.

I'm even proud to display the area under my sinks.


The basement storage/laundry area was the bulk of the job. I really wish that I had taken a before picture here. The room was three times more filled than it is now, mostly with old cardboard boxes, open and tumbling into eachother. The room seems huge now.


This is the other room in our basement, also much more organized now.

The coat closet was horrifying before, now it has shelving on the side for shoes, and drawers to hold hats, scarves, sunglasses, etc...

Here's another shot of the kid's closet.

This is just a sampling of the organizing that I did. I cleaned a lot of other little areas. I'm feeling a lot better about our home now and have so much energy now. Now I am on maintenance, which is really where I prefer to be.

2 comments:

Trish said...

Jesse - WOW! That is amazing! I have tried a new laundry organization system and Eldon just pulled me aside the other day and said, "honey, i don't think it's working." Your's has worked. You are the BOMB!

Anonymous said...

ok that was so funny for me to hear because i could just picture Eldon saying that. Trish, dont worry that is a great effort. Jessica way to go! I know what you mean about just needing to get it done. It feels so peaceful in the home when everything has its place. Way to go!!!