Wednesday, April 23, 2008

My goals...

Well, some of you may know that last year (2006/2007) I was in nursing school working on becoming an RN. It was a VERY difficult year. After 4 quarters I was really worn down and felt like I wasn't succeeding in my life. After much pondering, I decided to take a year off of school.

I realized that a lot of the reason I felt so overwhelmed every day was that my life was very unorganized. I felt like I was buried under a pile of laundry and toys all over the ground and I never felt like I could accomplish anything that I needed to do. I just had too much going on. Well, it is my opinion that once things are in order, or a habit is established, it is much easier and takes less time to maintain it than it did to accomplish it. So, I decided that is what I would use this year for, getting organized and establishing routines.

Well, I have a little less than 6 months left now, so I really need to get going if I'm going to accomplish all of the things that I want to. I've decided to list my goals on a sidebar on this blog so I can keep track of how I am doing. I'm not putting them on the blog in order to brag or show everyone what I am accomplishing, but I visit this blog frequently and so I will constantly see them here. Also, it is a big motivator to me to be able to update the goal and say that it has been accomplished.

No comments: